This statement shall describe the different types and treatment methods of the so-called cookies.
2. What are cookies
Without them, in fact, those services that the website should offer and the user’s navigation would be for sure poor.
For example, it would not be possible to understand which services are the most relevant for the user or how the user uses the site itself; besides they allow the site to remember the access information, so the user does not have to retype every time the credentials; they can be used to establish if there has been already a connection between the User’s computer and Website to point out new things.
3. Types of cookies
The website could use 4 types of cookies according to the page the user is navigating:
– Technical cookies – They are necessary for the proper functioning of the Site. They allow pages navigation, contents sharing, the storage of user’s login data and preferences making the access faster. Without these cookies, FoodiesTrip, just like many other websites, could not provide for those services that users access the site.
– Statistical and Performance cookies – This type of cookie let to know how users use the website to evaluate and improve the performance and the production of contents that best meet users’ information needs. For instance, they let to know which are the most or the least visited pages. They take into account, among other things, the number of visitors, time spent on the Site by the Users media and how they arrive there.
This way, FoodiesTrip, can understand what is working good and what can be improved, and they can make sure page loading is fast and correctly displayed. All the information collected by these cookies are anonymous and not linked to users’ personal information. To execute these functions in the website, FoodiesTrip uses third-party services which can make anonymous data, and they cannot be traced back to an individual person (so-called “single-in”).
– Profiling cookies. Advertisement – This type of cookies allow targeted advertisements. Besides they are used to limit the number of visualizations of the same advertisement/contents and to evaluate the efficacy of the advertising campaign. The customization process, as well as the advertisement contents, is not managed by FoodiesTrip, but they are operated by the third-party cookie providers (e.g., Google ads, Facebook ads, etc.). They allow FoodiesTrip to have promotional profits and they are completely managed and eventually changed by third-party. Cookies actually stored can change at any moment because of the technical strategies used by advertisers, users and their technical representatives. So instead of listing them, FoodiesTrip will list the corresponding firms authorized to publish the advertisement on the Site.
– Functional cookies and third-party profiling – In this category, we will have both cookies provided by partner companies and cookies provided by third parties that are not directly controlled or controllable. Cookies coming from FoodiesTrip’s partners enable advanced features, as well as, more information and individual features. This includes the possibility to share contents through social networks, to use video-streaming services and CDN networks where website’s contents are hosted. Those services are provided by external operators, and they have different functionalities according to the user’s relationship with the external subject (for example, a cookie provided by Facebook can have additional features if the user has a Facebook account). These cookies can give information also to other subjects that may be different from FoodiesTrip because of the navigation on the site. Among these, you can have cookies registered by those main social networks which enable the sharing of articles and the Site’s contents and to show the approval for FoodiesTrip job. Disabling these cookies prevent, among other things, contents sharing and other additional functionalities like video and audio play.
4. How to manage cookies: cookie consent is your own choice!
The user has the right to choose whether to accept or not the cookies. FoodiesTrip made it always possible to intervene to prevent the setting and the reading.
It is not possible to deny the consent to the use of technical cookies, because their deactivation will make the site not usable, and to third-party cookies, for technical reasons.
Let’s talk about how to manage cookie!
Only after that, the site will install the cookies mentioned above, starting at the same time the collecting. In case of missing acceptance of these cookies leaving the navigation, cookies eventually registered in the browser will not be read nor used until the next site navigation. The user can modify the privacy settings in the navigation browser in order to block some kind of cookies or any kind of cookies.
In order to do it, we recommend you to read your browser guide. For an overview of the procedures used by the most common browsers, FoodiesTrip invites the user to visit the website
or the reference address of the specific browser:
Besides, advertising companies allow users to renounce targeted advertisements if the users want. This does not prevent cookies installation, but it stops their use and the collecting of some data from those companies. FoodiesTrip invites the user that wants to have more information about the possibility to disclaim it to visit: www.youronlinechoices.eu/
In any case, users always have the chance to excise their own rights that are recognized in the art. 7 of the Privacy Code and in particular, among others, to obtain a copy of these used data, their update, origin, purpose, method of treatment, adjustment or integration, cancellation, the anonymously transformation or blocking for the treatment because of a breaching of the law and to oppose to the treatment for legitimate reason.
To exercise these rights, please contact FoodiesTrip using the addresses provided in the dedicated section of the site, or sending an e-mail at our customer service: [email protected].
22 Nov 2017 / 17:11
This post is also available in: Italiano (Italian)